Monday, December 31, 2012

The YEAR after TODAY

Today is the 31st of December 2012. The so-called apocalypse around the world, failed to take place on the 21st of December. Well, damn the Mayans, but life goes on.

It has been a solid 6 months since my backpacking trip from NZ. Time flies, but the enjoyable moments and sweet memories have still remained. A month later after coming back from the Land of Kiwi, and after a few rounds of edgy interviews, I've finally found myself setting foot in a chip making industry, kicking off a hectic working life as an engineer in this multinational corporation.

It wasn't really that hard. Well, that was my first thought. And that thought did not last very long, for I had to ramp up pretty fast on the demanding and challenging side of the job. Acclimatizing to the company's "modus operandi" and environment itself has been quite an arduous task. Occasionally, I was really struggling my way through as there were inevitably new stuffs to handle on everyday. But nonetheless, I'm grateful to have a group of colleagues with their eagerness and willingness to help me out in every way they can.

The year after today - what would it be?
 
Five months weren't a short period of time, neither long as well. Learning things in a difficult way can make one grows really fast, yet it is the hardest lesson to learn. Only by steering clear from the comfort zones and getting the hands dirty create the opportunities for building a successful path. Although there is still a long, treacherous route ahead, times maybe erratic with unforeseen circumstances, I still believe by remaining stoic wielded with a sheer determination, it will get me through this. After all, the best teacher in the world comes from experience...........


New Year, New Resolutions, Happy 2013!! 

No comments: